Friday 12 October 2012

Your Personality Type



Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex! 

Your workmanship is marvellous - and how well I know it 

(Psalm 139:14, New Living Translation)


The first step to developing an empowering belief system is to know the truth about who you are.

You need to develop self awareness.

You are a complex, unique being. There is no one else on the face of the earth like you. Even identical twins that appear to be completely alike on the face of it have differences when you look more closely.

You are the way you are for a reason.

One way of developing self awareness is to understand the unique combination of qualities that come together to make you, you.

Think about your family, friends or colleagues at work.

Maybe you know someone who is full of good jokes and funny stories and is a pleasure to be around.

Or you have a friend you can always count on to help when you need to get something done.

Then there’s the person who is always wheeling and dealing, trying to make a business transaction out of everything and nothing.

There’s the networking king who always knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone else, and the drama queen who stumbles from one personal crisis to another, spending hours on the phone telling her friends all about it in between.

Understanding your unique personality type is one of the keys to understanding yourself.

For a long time I was not comfortable with whom I am.

Growing up, my teachers regularly used to tell me to “contribute more to class discussions”. But I learned better by quietly taking in the information and thinking it over on my own.

Among friends, I found it more interesting to observe and listen. But people constantly asked me why I was so quiet.

I was content with solitude and my favourite pastime was to spend the day immersed in a good book, but friends continually wondered why I was always reading.

Then I began to notice that I’m the one that people come to when they have pain in their life and they need advice, comfort and a listening ear.

I’m the one that people call when they have difficult choices to make and they need help making sense of all the possibilities.

I’m the one that my talkative friends enjoy spending time with because they need someone to patiently hear all the ideas bubbling up inside of them.

So what about you?

Take this free online personality test and start developing awareness of your own unique personality.

Learn more about developing empowering belief systems in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment